*This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Fentimans*
Whether you’re partaking in Dry January, you’re the designated driver of the night or you simply don’t drink at all… I’ve come up with some delicious mocktails with the help of Fentimans. Fentimans offer a premium drink range that is a bit more exciting than your average soft drink, so I thought they would be perfect to use in my mocktails!
To make the mocktails, I used a few different flavours. Fentimans kindly sent me some of their range, and the bottles are beautiful! The 125ml bottles have actually just been redesigned. They were previously housed in green glass but are now in clear glass bottles. This makes it much easier to see what’s inside and also makes them much more consistent with the rest of their range!
So I’ve created 4 mocktails for you to try out. They’re all pretty simple and don’t require anything too fancy!
Virgin Moscow Mule
– Freshly squeezed lime juice (I used about 2 limes)
– Gomme/sugar syrup (1 shot – approx. 25ml)
– Loads of ice
– Top with Fentimans Ginger Beer
– Lime and mint for garnish
Method: Super easy for this one. Just add the lime juice, sugar syrup and ice to your glass then top up with your ginger beer!
– Raspberries (5 or 6 – there’s no science behind this, use as little or as many as you like!)
– Strawberries (I used 2 large ones)
– Freshly squeezed lemon juice (half a lemon’s worth)
– Gomme/sugar syrup (1 shot)
– Top with Fentimans Bitter Lemonade
– Lemon and berries for garnish
Method: Muddle the berries in the bottom of your glass, then add your lemon juice and sugar. Once that’s mixed together, add your ice and top with the bitter lemonade.
– Pineapple juice (1 shot)
– Passion fruit juice (2 shots)
– Vanilla syrup (1 shot)
– Lemon juice (half a lemon)
– Topped with the Fentimans Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger
Method: Put all of your ingredients (minus the Fentimans) into a cocktail shaker. Add lots of ice and shake until the glass is cold to touch! Add your mixture to a glass and then top with the Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger. This is a little twist on a Pornstar Martini – it’s still got the tropical taste and the little bit of fizz from the prosecco (or in this case the lovely Fentimans drink).
Grapefruit + Rosemary Spritz
– Rosemary (I used 2 sprigs)
– Freshly squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
– Freshly squeezed grapefruit (1 grapefruit)
– Gomme/sugar syrup (just a little dash)
– Fentimans Pink Grapefruit Tonic (enough to fill up your glass!)
– Grapefruit, lime and rosemary for garnish
Method: Muddle the rosemary in the bottom of your glass, then add the lime and grapefruit juice (I used a strainer to avoid seeds). Put in a little sugar syrup and then open your Pink Grapefruit tonic, that’s the main ingredient for this one!
A little side note: If you don’t want to buy gomme then you can easily make your own! Using equal parts sugar and water, heat the mixture in a saucepan for at least 5 minutes. The longer you boil it, the thicker the syrup will be, so it’s down to your personal preference!
What mocktail would you most like to try? Let me know in the comments!
Even if you don’t have time to make mocktails, I really do recommend trying out a drink from Fentimans. A lot of time and effort goes into producing their drinks, so they really do feel like a special treat! With loads of flavours to choose from, I’ve got no doubt that they have something to suit everyone.
This post was a little bit of a different one for me, but I hope you guys enjoyed it.
*This post has been sponsored by Fentimans but all thoughts, opinions and words are my own.*
Missed my last post? Find it here.