It’s June 15th – do you know what that means? Season 2 of Queer Eye has finally been released on Netflix, but it’s also my birthday! I thought it would be nice to share a birthday themed post, so here are 20 things I’ve learned in 20 years…
1) The number of friends you have doesn’t matter – it’s the quality of the friends you have that counts.
2) There is never a wrong time for garlic bread.
3) Keeping plants alive is a million times harder than keeping a cat alive. Thanks Bear for being easy.
4) Sometimes it’s necessary to swallow your pride and ask for help.
5) Your mum is probably right, but shhhh don’t tell mine!
6) Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is scary as hell, but it’ll probably be worth it.
7) I’m lucky to have travelled. There is no greater feeling than discovering a new culture.
8) Worrying about things out of your control is a complete waste of time, but you’re gonna do it anyway.
9) Family is so important – don’t take them for granted. You won’t always agree on things, and that’s okay.
10) It’s not as hard as you think it is to find affordable cruelty free alternatives, so make the effort.
11) It’s a cliche, but you should always treat others how you want to be treated.
12) University halls are nowhere near as fun as they’re made out to be, and you shouldn’t feel guilty for not enjoying them.
13) Don’t buy clothes you know are too small. It’s a waste of money and they’ll make you feel worse.
14) Cooking is therapeutic. If you’re feeling stressed, get in the kitchen and put on some music.
15) A hot shower always helps too… more than you may realise!
16) Hard work pays off. That applies to everything, whether it’s putting time into your relationships or your education.
17) Painting your nails is harder than it looks. Maybe I’ll master it by 21, but I won’t hold my breath…
18) Life won’t always go to plan. The quicker you accept it the easier it will be.
19) I don’t care what you think… Tea tastes better without milk.
20) Everyone isn’t going to like you and that’s okay.
That’s a wrap! I’m hoping I’ve learned a bit more than 20 things over the last 20 years, but these are the ones that came to mind. I’m off to enjoy my birthday and eat all the tapas at Cafe Andaluz.
Are you following me over on Instagram? I set myself a goal to reach 1000 followers by my birthday, and I don’t want to lose it! I’ve been sharing lots of pictures recently, so make sure you don’t miss them.
My last post was a pretty personal one – have you seen it?